Friday, November 20, 2009

The Evolution of Kings of Leon

Exhibit A, "Molly's Chambers" (2003):


I don't think I need to comment on the hair or the pants or the denim jacket Caleb is sporting. But the song rocks, and that's what counts. Speaking of rocking, I give you Exhibit B, "Four Kicks" (2005):


This is still one of my favorite songs. Apparently you can't say "Switchblade Posse" on the MTV, but you can have a video where people are kicking (or at least pretending to) the crap out of each other.

And finally, here is where they are today.
Exhibit C, "Use Somebody" (2008):


This is very shiny and looks like something from a movie, and the song is getting an insane amount of airplay on our local radio stations. I will probably always love these cousin-brothers, but I think I prefer their older stuff. I like Caleb's haircut, though.

No comments: