Friday, July 24, 2009

The Dead Weather

I am excited about Jack White's latest project, but I am a little distressed by their new video. The Dead Weather is: Allison Mosshart from The Kills, Jack Lawrence from The Raconteurs, Dean Fertita from Queens of the Stone Age, and of course, Jack White, from The White Stripes (and The Raconteurs, his other other project). This time he is on the drums.

Hey, I like all of those bands! And I dig the song. A couple of years ago, I might have thought the video was really cool. But now that I'm a mom, I have strong, palpable reactions to things that are violent. And this video might be violent just to be violent. Am I wrong?
I want to like it, because I like Allison and Jack.

Maybe it is trying to be a metaphor for how destructive love can be, as one of the more astute You Tube commenters pointed out. And I like the sun shining through the bullet holes. But otherwise, what is the point of this?

The Dead Weather, "Treat Me Like Your Mother:"


No comments: