Tuesday, June 23, 2009

YYYs vs. Santogold

It's time for another installment of "This Video Reminds Me of That Video." This week's videos involve some surreal violence, which has me wondering if it makes something less violent if it is surreal? Or is it still just as violent? View and discuss.

Let's start with the new Yeah Yeah Yeah's video, "Heads Will Roll," which has some kind of Werewolf, dancing ala Michael Jackson, which I'm not even going to attempt to explain. I can't embed it, but here's the link:

I find the whole thing to be pretty hilarious, but it gets interesting at 2:55. Now that's what I call Dinner Theater!

So that reminded me of this Santogold video, and I wondered if maybe it was done by the same director. They were directed by different people, but it's possible the "surreal violence" idea is something we're going to see more of.

Santogold, "L.E.S. Artistes:"


No comments: